A beautiful, beautiful book by John Green.
I just finished it earlier today, and it has touched me so deeply. I can't forget it. Not now. Not ever. Please, just please read it.
(Of course, there is a lot of language--a lot--and some other content that I don't love to read about, to be honest. But also, I couldn't blame the characters that much.) It feels really out of place that I just typed this warning, but I feel that I must leave it here.
Um. I don't really know what to say other than I can't even
I don't know. It was just so wonderful.
And maybe it impacted me a lot because I can relate to it, in a smaller way than the obvious, but I have had cancer in my life. I never had cancer (and am incredibly grateful and blessed), but someone in my family has. It's affected me in different ways than the main characters in the book, and even the supporting characters--like the parents. But it's all very cancer. Just. Cancer. "Cancer is a side effect of dying."
The language in this book is STUN-NING. I can't get the poetic words out of my head.
The whole time I thought Peter Van Houten is a real perosn. Is a master and he's written very intelligent things, and said things that got engraved into my brain. And only a genius could do that. I got sucked into this book, the characters coming to life on the pages. Feeling so real. Making me feel like I want to know them. That's good. But then I remember that John Green wrote this book. And that he's the genius.
This is definitely an Encouragement. It was my favorite one of all. It's all so true.
Quotes from the book that don't give anything away. But that stab and twist my heart.
Okay. I feel like I probably just made the book sound really lame. THAT WAS NOT THE GOAL. I just feel like anyone who wants to be changed for the better should read it. I wish I could say more, but I can't find the words to write.
This is how I feel, in fact:
(Um. Guess what? I'm gonna read it again soon.)
If you read this book
I'm pretty sure you'll learn something new.
You probably will feel pain, since it demands to be felt.
You might cry.
You might laugh.
But you will taste stars.







Alessia, Alessia. My dear, dear Alessia. THIS is why I love you. I fell in love with this book the moment I read it. It was amazing. Definitely worth it. I cried a million times about it, but every time I read it, I cry a bit harder. Thank you. Thank you thank you thank you.
ReplyDeleteOh, Ada! I'm SO GLAD YOU LOVE IT TOO!! Yup. Bawling SOOOO MUCH about sums it up. Now we understand why we are great friends. We both have GREAT taste in books! :) Thank YOU!!
Delete