Saturday, June 22, 2013

Camp Hobe 2013 Tuesday

We found out what each of the cabins were named.

Youngest Girls: Ladies of the 80's. (Oh, by the way, our camp theme was Decades of Fun!)
2nd Youngest Girls: The Sassy 70's.
My cabin 2nd oldest girls: Ninen Moosen. (Has nothing to do with the theme.)
Oldest girls: Hashtags (#'s)

Youngest boys: Bananas of the Universe.
Aaron's cabin 2nd Youngest boys: White Trash
2nd oldest boys: G7's. (Since they were cabin G7)
Oldest boys: Since they were cabin H, they decided to be called H, but spelled a different way. They were called "Aiytch." And acronym that stands for All Islanders Yodel To Cats Harmoniously. Um yeah.

For Arts and Crafts Tuesday, we started making bags. We took white pillowcases, cut half off of them, and turned them inside out. Then we created our own stencils with freezer paper and had them ironed onto our soon-to-be tie string bags. It was pretty awesome. I made my stencil a giraffe at first, but I cut it out wrong. so then I just decided to do an "I <3 NYC" thingy. You know, the one that is on a ton of sweatshirts that is red and black? I hand drew something to replicate that and this one counselor named Kyron helped me polish it up. I had mine ironed onto the pillow case and painted the I and NEW YORK black. Then I painted the heard red. I set it out to dry.

I also almost beat Kevin at Speed. I got out Zach again, the rest of the people got out. It was down to us. We went for a long time, and I was getting so tired. I kind of accepted the fact that I might not make it all the way to beat him, and as soon as I did, he made the winning shot. :( Oh well. I was so proud to have gotten that far. And everyone was cheering me on! Even A-aron. :)

For field games we did the pick-pocket game. It was awesome because once again, I did surprisingingly pretty well. I could dodge people well, it was just the actual pick-pocketing that wasn't so easy. But even with that I did fine. I loved that day. I loved it.

I didn't swim. Me, Kenna, Brenna, Lillie, Baylee, and Syd, and possibly Allie played ultimate spoons with starbursts. Fun fun!

Hobe Forever was also this day. Amazing. As usual. I cried when I planted my flower(s). I won't say for whom I planted one of those flowers, but I think it needed to be planted. I don't know of another person who could have planted a purple flower for this person at Camp Hobe. So I did it. And it was hard to see these crazy campers get emotional. Such as Ravi, Sada, etc., and counselors such as Nicole, Delaney, Wapiti Mama, etc. Then we had the option of Rootbeer float milk and vanilla milk, and a peanut butter oatmeal cookie. I chose the Rootbeer float milk and had a cookie. The milk was gross because it tasted just like a melted rootbeer float. NAST!
But that's okay.
We got axe bombed by the White Trash. :(

At Campfire we sang songs like Herby, Princess Pat, Johnny Rebeck, and more.

Johnny Rebeck:
Away out in the forest
There lived a mean old man
His name was Mr. Johnny Rebeck
He had an evil plan
All the neighbors' cats and dogs
Were always at his feet
So he invented a machine
That turned them all to meat

(Chorus:)

Oh Mr. Johnny Rebeck,
How could you be so mean
We told you you'd be sorry
For inventing that machine
All the neighbors' cats and dogs
Will never more be seen
They've all been ground to sausages
In Johnny Rebeck's machine

One day a little fat boy

walked into the store
He bought a pack of sausages
And placed them on the floor
Then he began to whistle,
He whistled up a tune
And all the little sausages,
They danced around the room

(Repeat Chorus)


One day the darn thing busted,
The darn thing wouldn't go
So Johnny Rebeck climbed inside
To see what made it so
His wife she had a nightmare
While walking in her sleep
She gave the crank a great big yank
And Johnny Rebeck was meat

(Repeat Chorus)


After we sang and such, we went out into the field and watched Napolean Dynamite on a big screen projected on the wall of the pool building. I brought out my BYU blanket and pillow and laughed my head off. It's been a while since I watched that movie and I actually understood everything this time. So that's why I laughed. Haha. Also, I was very happy to be where I was. Overjoyed.
Then we went to bed.

4 comments:

  1. The song is actually johnny verbeck and the first verse is
    There was a little dutchman, his name was Johnny verbeck.
    He specialized in sausages, and sauerkraut and spec.
    He made the finest sausages that evermore were seen,
    Till one day he invented that wonderful sausage machine.

    Do the boys actually know Bannanas of the Universe?
    It's an awesome song. So is Herby, the family pet -chaa-, and the princess pat and her rig of bamboo. I know these songs by heart since I work at scout camp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, well thank you for telling me. I saw online that there are lots of versions of this song, actually. Yes, Johnny Verbeck is a version of this song, but this is the way I learned it.
      And Camp Hobe is THE BEST when it comes to camp songs. I'm just saying. :)

      Delete
    2. Haha. You're so funny. Camp Hunt is the absolute best, at songs and as a camp. Even ask all the scouts that come, or thwe girls whose wards come for girls camp. Plus, we are right off of bear lake.

      Delete
  2. Okay, awesome. Glad you think so.

    ReplyDelete