Saturday, June 22, 2013

Camp Hobe 2013 Monday

I will start with: I love Camp Hobe!!
It is the best place ever. Ever. Ever.
Ever.

And please. You don't have to read this. This is just for my sake.

So on Monday I drove into Camp with my brother Aaron. (Well, my daddy drove us. Gabby and Nathanael tagged along.) With a pit in my stomach, I realized as we were pulling up that I had left mine and Aaron's supplements at home! We NEEDED our supplements all week! And Aaron and I had forgotten to bring them up to Tooele. They were an hour away.
So I had to beg my Dad to get them and bring them up later. Normally I wouldn't do that. But this was a crisis most of us could understand. Aaron especially needed those meds since he doesn't want his ailment to come back full blast. Luckily, the next day we had our stuff brought to us. Thanks, Dad. Thank you so much.
I went to my cabin. We were cabin C14.
My couselors:
  • *Taylor--funny story about her at the bottom
  • Kadie
  • Noelia
  • Ace

My cabin mates:
  • Baylee
  • Brenna
  • Jamie
  • Allison(Alex)

Yeah. Four counselors to five girls. They must be worried about us chickas! Just kidding. But seriously, the boy cabins had like nine boys in each. The girls had five or six each. That was okay. They were cute boys. ;)

I set up my bed when I got there. I was on the lower bunk, and it was on the right side of the room by the window. Remember that. It's important. So yeah.
Then we went to the field to have an all-camp activity. Giant Twister! All the paint on the tarp that made the circles was peeling and getting all over my hands and arms and legs, haha. I got pretty close to winning, but they would continue to take out certain rows of circles that you couldn't land on. Also, you weren't allowed to double up on the same circle with other people. It was so hard, I fell over quite a bit. I was so impressed because this kid with a prosthetic leg won I believe all three times! His name is Tim, and people would always say: "All Tim does is win." That's kind of true. Seriously. We ate some lunch after that. I honestly don't remember what we ate. :(
Then we tie-dyed shirts in Arts and Crafts with Nicole/Princess. I did turquoise/hot pink/alittlebitofgreen on my shirt. I did the swirl design. Then I sent it in to dry. We went to the Music rotation and did a thing called Sing Me a Story.
http://www.singmeastory.org/
What it is is you write a story and scan it into the computer to submit it on the website. The website is an organization that has kids in need from different places (such as Camp Hobe) send in a story. Songwriters from around the world look at the submitted stories and select one to write into a song. It's quite cool. We just spent our time writing stories/poems. I wrote something based on a true story and turned it into Big Al, the lady in charge of our music activities.
Then we went to field games. Tyson was in charge of that. He is so cool. He looks like Kip from Napolean Dynamite. But we tied balloons to our ankles, went into a circle made by a huge string, and tried to pop people's balloons by keeping ours safe. I was in the second oldest girl cabin, so I was spending time with cabins D(the oldest girls), G(the boys our age), and H(the oldest boys). I never won, but we played a lot of different ways. One round, I had a partner. She was in the other girl cabin, and her name was Anna. The goal was to pop everyone else's balloons like normal, but if we popped a counselor's, we'd get some candy at the end. I popped Patrick, a counselor's balloon. So I got some skittles. Wahoo!
Then we went swimming. We played some water polo. I was kind of sitting off to the side since I don't LOVE getting tackled in the water, but the team on the side of the pool I was on asked for someone who could hold their breath for a long time. I volunteered for that job of taking the ball underwater for as long as I could across to the other side of the pool. When I came up, I was to pass it to one of my teammates and they would score. My play eventually did allow us to score a point. That was good. I believe our team ended up losing 7-2 or something ridiculous like that.
We had free time then. I'm pretty sure I played some Speed at that time with a lot of the Cabin G boys and other boys. I was doing surprisingly well. I got out this really "Ham" hotshot named Zach on my first couple of shots. :) Everyone was so impressed. But seriously. I am NOT good at basketball. I was just getting lucky, I swear. This other kid named Ravi  said I was so "baller." I learned that "baller" means you can make shots really well. Well thanks, buddy! That's nice! But I was thinking I'm really not very baller.
Then we had dinner. Don't remember what that was...
This group called Laughing Stock came and did a show for us. They've come in the past, like my last two years at Teen Week that I know of. They are like an improv comedy clan. They are pretty funny I think.
Then we had campfire and went to bed.

*Taylor's Story:
She is the only of our counselors that is married. Her husband came to be a counselor with her this year. She told us to scout our her husband and we would present our guess as a cabin. We had one guess to figure out who her husband was. As we searched around, Aaron and his two friends Oliver(I call him Olli) and Josh came up to Taylor and said: "Taylor Kamarath! You're Josh's sister!!"
Okay, so Josh Kamarath was Aaron's counselor. At this point, I knew that Josh was the husband of Taylor. But those boys thought they were siblings. It was so funny, because those first couple of days they were telling us about how they should be detectives, and how they are so clever!
Story to be cont.



No comments:

Post a Comment