Now, I don't want to make this too long, so I'll just start by saying quickly that Aaron and Dad never made it down to Cali, sadly, we just didn't have enough time to figure it all out, so they stayed home the whole week. :(
I treated myself to sunflower seeds (my very favorite road-trip eating thingy) on the way to our condo at Dolphin's Cove. My mouth was so sore after that, though! We arrived at about midnight California time, I was exhausted, but it was exciting! The next day, Sunday, we went to church, then to the beach. Too bad it was freezing weather, but the biting cold didn't stop us from getting our feet wet! :)
On Monday, I went to California Adventure with Gabby, Nathanael, and "Big Mama". We rode lots of rides, a couple in Disneyland, but most all in CA. Tower of Terror is my favorite!
Tuesday was kind of depressing to me. I had to sit in the condo and do homework. But my day got considerably better when I went to a hotel to have my last ballroom rehearsal before the performance in Disneyland! Everyone was so excited, it made my okay day altogether better!
I had the hardest time keeping up with the huge group Mrs. Hawkins and Miss Kinder chaperoned on the trip On Wednesday. The energy was so high and everyone was moving 100mph, I didn't have time to breathe! At least we had already gone to our workshop...that was in backstage Disneyland! We were told not to take pictures or use any sort of photography behind-the-scenes, so none of us did. Shelly, our instructor was very energetic and enthusiastic about everything. But all my ballroom buddies were too embarrassed to take into account Shelly's very useful words: "Squeeze your buns!" All in all, I enjoyed her and felt I learned some new things!
The day of the performance was just awesome...the best day of the trip. We went back to the no-man- except-cast-and-crew land, got into our costumes, had our group photo taken and hung on the wall, and went to Carnation Plaza Stage in the green room to get ready to perform. The performance went by way too fast! I won't forget the feeling of dancing on that stage, smiling until my cheeks hurt, having so much fun. Of course changing "accessories" for our next dance, fast as lightening, was the most fun part! :) I felt so happy and accomplished. I could do it again, anytime! We spent the rest of the day re-riding our favorite rides. I finally was able to ride Indiana Jones, as we weren't able to get on the day before because it broke down. I was glad about that.
Friday was the day we did not go to Dinnyland. We went to Magic Mountain instead, because we had free tickets. Trust me, I was upset because Magic Mountain had horrifyingly terrifying thrill rides, but none of the rides I rode, (which were most of the rides in the park), I liked, because they all just made my head hurt, not thrill me. I did like one though, called Superman. You were strapped into a car with four seats across a row, and then shot up the very very tall track backwards, 100mph, and then you came flying down the track forward back to safety. My uncle was there to share those experiences with my little sister and I, while my mom was riding the kiddie rides with Than. After he left, though, I saw Alyssa, my friend from school there! I rode a couple of rides with her, which was fun, and then we left.
I am glad I had a great fall break in California, and I hope to go on many more memorable trips in the future.
(I'll post pictures later!)
P.S., It's no use. I really can't make posts short anymore. Sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment