Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Today Brought Some Good Advice

A kind and clever Brazilian man came to our school today to represent the Timpanogas Story Telling Festival, and to tell us some stories. He mimed too. At the end of his stories, we were aloud to ask him questions. One kid asked him what his favorite story to tell is. He told us this:

"My favorite story is the one I am telling at the current time."

He then told us that it goes for people to. Whoever we are talking to at the moment should be our favorite person, whatever food we are eating should be our favorite food. I immediately thought of escargot, a disgusting snail food I tried on the cruise. If I had just thought, "this is my favorite food" while I was eating it, I might like it, or the experience would have been funner. I like this advice because it helps us to be positive and happy and grow to be more loving to people. The man also told us that we should be good listeners and not talk when someone is talking to us. This is respectful and I personally like it when someone I really want to tell something listens to me. He also said that is why we have two ears but only one mouth. That made me smile. I really like that a lot.
Anyway, there ya go, there is your advice for the day. :)

1 comment: