Monday, October 14, 2013

Movie Review #2

Once again, I am NOT a professional, so this may sound like complete ridiculousness. This is just what I got from the film.
Also, I have not read the book, but I plan to.

The movie starts out kind of mysterious and exciting. There were some embellished moments in the movie that were originally from the book, or so I hear, and they seemed slightly unnecessary. All in all, it didn't bother me too much. The information actually mattered.
I absolutely LOVE the character of J. Gatsby. He really changed for me from the beginning of the movie to the end. Since we start out not knowing who he really is, we see him as this God-like creature. At least I did. And I think that was the goal. Then you finally know what is really behind his wealth and popularity.
The character Nick was so wonderful. He was just a tag-along, but he carried the story. He TOLD the story, and that is huge. Plus, he was just a good, sweet person.
The special effects/graphics weren't excellent. Did it annoy me? Not at all. No, I'm not complaining about it. I felt the story and the character development was the most important, and they nailed that part.

I think anyone who hasn't read the book will seriously enjoy it. It may have a deep impact on you, like it did me. I can't forget it right now.
If you have read the book, I don't know if you'll like it, since I'm not on that end of the spectrum. My mom loved it and she has read it, so there you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment