Yesterday marked the 12th anniversary of the plane crashes on September 11, 2001. To be quite frank, I still can’t and never will be able to understand why people made the choices to do as much damage as they possibly could. Luckily, there were some brave people on those planes that helped prevent some more damage being caused, but their lives still were taken, and it pains me to this day. I am, however, so grateful for those people’s sacrifice.
It reminds me of when I went to Ground Zero in New York City when I was there. That was an amazing experience. Being able to sing the Star Spangled Banner and see the appreciation on people's faces was one of the most rewarding things to see. Just remember that day in your hearts. Be loving. Be forgiving. And always keep your heads up for the future.
For me and my family personally, September 11 was a reminder that life is fleeting, impermanent, and uncertain. Therefore, we must make use of every moment and nurture it with affection, tenderness, beauty, creativity, and laughter.-Deepak Chopra, M.D.
No comments:
Post a Comment