Monday, August 19, 2013

Last Days (of summer)

This summer has been one of the best of my life. I will be forever grateful for

~New York
~Youth Conference
~Camp Hobe
~Lake Powell
~Idaho
~St. George
~Las Vegas
~The Adidas Cup

Everything has been amazing. More than I ever could have asked for. You know, I've just been able to soak up the sun, the rain, you name it. It's been like no other.

But.
Summer is now over. 
After today, we will no longer have free days, because guess what? School is starting tomorrow. That's right. School is starting tomorrow and it will be quite the adventure. But I know things will be okay as long as I remember some things. I've written a list that will make school amazing.

SCHOOL WILL BE A BREEZE LIST

:be outgoing
:welcome all new students
:pay attention in class
:get to know your teachers
:let your teachers get to know you
:smile at people. you look best when you smile
:do all work on time. seriously, you don't wanna get behind
:be respectful. not only to teachers, but to other students, property, your family, yourself
:always serve
:have charity towards others
:wear your cool clothes :)
:keep a journal about school. you can learn from your experiences
:learn all you can. knowledge will be more beneficial than you think
:allow yourself some time to be alone. you'll need it
:allow yourself time to be with your family and friends. that can help too
:if your family and friends aren't available, remember that someone always is. pray
:eat good foods
:stay hydrated so you can focus
:take risks. just do it--Nike
:have fun. always have fun
:be yourself. the right people will love you for you

I have some more words of advice.
You are a temple. Treat yourself like one. Make sure others treat you like one. Treat others like one.

And, as the youth theme says in 2013, Stand in Holy Places.


  I think that's some of the best advice we can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment