Saturday, August 25, 2012

Father-Daughter Camp-out!

Yesterday, my dad took my little sister Gabby and me to the Lindstrom's cabin. They are a family in our ward who hosts the big event where all the dads in the ward bring their daughters to Strawberry Reservoir--to the cabin. This year was the first year I could go in three years! It was so fun.
Here is the (short) story.
We fished for crawdads that evening with chicken and took them back to the cabin before dinner. Then we ate spaghetti and corn and rolls, and I got WAY TOO MUCH spaghetti.
Then we ate Oreos, and had a little fireside devotional by the second counselor of our bishopric about a bible story. And then we went to bed. (Or rather, stayed up all night.) I slept in the cabin with a bunch of little beehives and Christina, a laurel who was HILARIOUS and very cranky last night because she couldn't sleep. She kept yelling at all the girls to be quiet and go to bed. But we didn't want to! We were busy playing Truth or Dare. Most of the girls would ask questions like: "Out of these boys in the ward, who would you marry?" And that kind of stuff. Very silly. :)
Gabby missed out on all the fun because she went to sleep in the car with my dad. And my friend Lexi, who was the only one my age there, went to sleep in her tent with her family. It was totally great, though. And I kept listening to Christina's music on her green iPod nano.
The next day, we ate pancakes and eggs, collected candy from a candy cannon, and got ready to leave. I didn't actually collect candy for myself, I just gave it to the younger girls. After that, we had the option of shooting shotguns, throwing hatchets into a board, and doing archery. I always go for the archery--I absolutely love it. So much.
We had to leave early because my sister had to get to her soccer game. (She is there right now.) We only missed out on the crawdad stew that will be fed to the people at lunch. It's well made, but I think that is nasty, so it was okay that we had to leave.

It was a great experience! I love Father-Daughter camp-out!

No comments:

Post a Comment