Friday, February 3, 2012

Utah Theatre Association Conference

Well, if I were to write all the details about the field trip some of my drama class took, it would take ages to read and especially to write. SO, I'll just say that it was so much fun...the best field trip I've ever ever been on. There at BYU a couple of Broadway stars were there who were teaching the workshops, and we met one of them in the "Be a Triple Threat" workshop my friends and I took. He taught us the music and a dance to "Transylvania Mania" a song from the Broadway show Young Frankenstein. It was so much fun! The next class I took with four of my friends was "Selling Your Song at an Audition". The instructor was taking volunteers from the crowd of about 100 kids to sing in a mock audition where the audience would tell the performer what they liked about their song. Then the instructor would give them feedback.
Caela, Eryn, KC, and Annie encouraged me to volunteer, and I raised my hand and he chose me! I was scared at first, but then I got singing and it was fun. He told me to straighten my shoulders...which is so true...I've been working on that. And it turned out great!
After that we went to lunch. Then we went to the show A Midsummer Night's Dream just on BYU campus. It was awesome! After that 2-3 hour period we went to 5 Guys to get burgers for dinner, then we went to Provo High School to see another show called Don't Drink the Water. Don't ask me why it's called that, there was nothing to do with drinking water in that play, but I guess the playwright who wrote it always names his plays interesting names...
It was the best day EVER! So funny. I laughed all day. :)

2 comments: