Monday, February 13, 2012

Cross-Country Skiing

I just barely got back from a field trip at our school. We went to Soldier Hollow to ski! But not downhill skiing...cross-country skiing. That was fine, but the hills we went down were so wimpy, and it was a lot of work going uphill and going flat. I'm not saying the downhills weren't fun, they were so exhilarating, of course. But also, I don't have anything to compare it to, seeing as I've never been real skiing before up high in the mountains. Almost everyone I know who's gone has said it's so much fun, so I'll have to go one of these days...
Anyway, I traveled with Tracy, Abby, Alyssa, Lizz, Talmage, Kaden, and a few other people, but we didn't get back to the lodge until we only had a few minutes to eat before we had to go. Not to mention the long coarse we ski-id, it took us forever to trudge up the hills and then recover from our wipe-outs on the downhills. I think I did a better job than last year, so I wasn't as tired as much. All in all it was a fun trip...I could do it again, but we may not next year due some issues with getting on the bus in time...anyway, I like cross-country skiing. Now, I need to go downhill skiing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment