I just got back from a fun-filled week at Lake Powell, ladies and gentlemen. Lake Powell is one of my favorite places in the world, and what makes it better, is that our cousins, aunts and uncles, and Grandma are there to enjoy it with us. Almost every morning of this week we woke up on the houseboat to find the adults either gone or coming back from a water-skiing trip on the glassy and beautiful lake. We all love skiing, and when the water is glass, you'll find us gliding or jumping across the water. We ate our breakfast of bagels or cold cereal, and then we did our chore (unless we had a meal for our chore), and then we would either go swimming, hiking, or we would play cards: "B.S." or "Hand and Foot" or the game I made up: first called "zappy", then called "flame" then called "no joke", but I never actually came up with a good name for it. :) It is our thing to play cards...a lot! On the back of our houseboat is a slide that we all go down. We also love to jump off the top of the houseboat into the water. We ride kayaks, catch lizards, discover new things while we explore the cliffs and shores, and play this game where we have to go off the slide and catch a water football that one of our uncles throws to us. We play the game every year, boys verses girls. The first round we played, the girls won by a few points. We only have three girls who played the game. Me, Emma, and my sister, Gabby. Emma and I caught the majority of our balls, and Gabby caught one and we were very proud of her, 'cause it was hard for her. The boys failed epically that round, but the next one, they beat us because they had practiced and all the boys were getting better. We were supposed to do best 2 out of 3, but we didn't actually do that last round. So we finished with a tie.
When it is my turn to ski, I love to go. I go every chance I get. I tried to do an even amount of wake boarding and slalom skiing, 'cause I love both. On Saturday, which was the second day, I went on a ski trip with my uncle Corey. I think I wake boarded. We went back to the houseboat and later found out that Corey's boat broke down...they tried and tried to get it fixed but it never got fixed the whole rest of the trip and we were all sad about that...but luckily, my other uncle Chris has a boat too, and we were able to ski, though not as much as we would have been able to had the other boat not broken down. I love skiing so much! But I think I like wake boarding a little bit better because I don't exactly have to stay on the water the whole time just gliding. I can get some air!!! Jumping and getting high air once you come into the wake is so fun! And going out and in, out and in the wake is super fun. I have to say, I got some pretty big air for someone who never goes boating at all except on the Lake Powell trip. I'm am no expert, though. :)
We would have tubed had we had a tube to tube on, but we didn't because the old one popped and they just didn't go get a new tube which was fine, because we lasted the week just fine, and it was way fun, anyway.
One of the parts of Lake Powell that I look forward to most is our annual talent show on the houseboat. A couple of years ago, my cousins from Texas who never come with us on the trip, came with us. One of those cousins of mine posed the idea of a talent show, where his sister could show us her banana dance, and everyone could share there talent. Ever since then, we have had a talent show each year. This year, I sang "Our Song" by Taylor Swift, a song I had done in the past, and my other cousin who rocks at singing sang "Count On Me" by Bruno Mars, a song he posted on Youtube with his friend playing the ukelele. You can look it up: Zack Love, Count On Me. It should be the first video. I encourage you to! Anyway, my other cousin sang a song, and a few other people did there little thing and it was fun. On my "I Am T-pain" app on my ipod, a few of my cousins, my brother, and I made a rap about how Paco wants a Taco, based on the rap two of my cousins made two years ago for the talent show. Yeah, it was awesome.
We also had mice that climbed on our boat, and that made things disgusting, but we caught four by making a trap that would drown them. It was gross, but we were glad to be rid of those mice.
Well, there goes another year of Lake Powell, and I'm looking forward to stepping out of the car and feeling the heat wash over me and to smell the fish and nasty but amazing water at Lake Powell next year.
I am so busy this summer! I am going to Idaho TOMORROW and we are staying until Friday!!! :)
ReplyDelete