Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The talent show!

As you know, for choir, we are doing a talent show--an audition talent show, and those auditions were held on Friday the 22nd! So Eryn, Caela, and I had a blast putting together a fun number for the show that we hoped to get into. I Won't Say (I'm In Love), a song from Hercules was suggested to us by our teacher, Mrs. Whitney, who is running the show. We realized that song is perfect to us, and got right to work. We got into our costumes (which were black and white dresses, pants, and skirts, so we kind of looked unified) and we waited our turn by practicing and practicing with my little ipod nano playing the minus track in the girl's bathroom. Nice place to practice, huh? :) But it was a nice quiet area where we had fun singing as loud as we wanted to without being disturbed! Well, we were disturbed once or twice because the janitor had to clean the bathrooms after school so we had to keep switching bathrooms, but that wasn't a huge problem. I mean, we like clean bathrooms, right?! Anyway, finally, our time came to sing, and the three of us went into the room excited and nervous. We know Mrs. Whitney very well because she is our Choir and CTE teacher at school, and she knows us very well too, so it wasn't that scary at all. We sang, had a blast, and she told us we were so good and prepared, and she loved some of the things we did in our choreography and movement. Today the list was posted, and guess who made it into the talent show?! Me, Eryn, and Caela!!! YAY!
And I want to say one more thing: to those of you who didn't make it, don't feel bad! I think the musical ability in our school is incredible, and you should not beat yourself up about not making it. Really, some of you I think should have made it because I think you are so darn good, but she could only take 8-10 people. So we will see how it turns out, and hopefully we can have a talent show soon where there are no auditions and everyone is welcomed to show THEIR talents!

5 comments:

  1. More posts to come about how the talent show goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seriously should have made it, Samm! I mean, honestly, you should have been that 10th person, 'cause she only took 9 people and she said 10. And I really want to hear you sing...because from what I have heard of you in choir, I can tell you are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alessia--congratulations on making the talent show! What are the chances I will be able to come and watch it? What day/time is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The talent show is like, three days after we get back from our trip, but I think it is during school. I'll tell you info later, but I sure hope you can come!!!

    ReplyDelete