Monday, February 28, 2011
Ballroom Competion!
On Saturday, February 26, my school's ballroom program went to a ballroom competition! One of our classes in school is ballroom, and we learn the Merengue, Foxtrot, Cha Cha, Waltz, Swing, Samba, Rumba, and Tango. My favorite dance is the Cha Cha which is a BLAST to dance! But I competed in the Samba and Rumba. It was awesome even though no one from our school made it past the first round on Samba and Rumba except for one partnership. But even they didn't get to the top seven where they would get a medal. The reason is because there are kids who are doing ballroom at a place where they had to try out to make it on the team (I would try out if I didn't love to sing and act so much and am committed to that!) who competed against us and they are more serious about ballroom than any of us. They have a more complicated routine, too. So people at Renaissance who only dance two hours a week compared to the kids who dance at least four hours a week and practice like crazy and their life is ALL ballroom, don't have a very good chance. I mean, it isn't like at our school we are horrible dancers, it is just that we aren't as dedicated or committed to ballroom as other people. But it was still really fun and I am glad I could do it--at least we got a good grade for it! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment