Sunday, May 25, 2014

Movie Review #3

A Beautiful Mind was a beautiful movie.


"This winner of 4 Oscars, including Best Picture, stars Russell Crowe as a brilliant mathematician on the brink of international acclaim who becomes entangled in a mysterious conspiracy."

Russel Crowe redeemed himself in my eyes after Les Miserables, a movie in which I did not like his performance. This^^ movie essentially explores the effects of mental illnesses on a family and community. In this movie based on a true story, Crowe played a genius mathematician named John Nash. This man became involved with a group who was against the Soviet Union and the anticipated destruction from the atomic bomb. Or so he thought.

A Beautiful Mind has elements of intense awkwardness and surprise--serious surprise. Who would have thought you could have both?

Anyway, I loved it. Watch it, man. It's based on a true story and a real person and real circumstances. It's incredibly inspiring and moving. It gave me perspective that I have never had before. Do yourself a favor and watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment