You spoke in sacrament meeting today. You spoke about missionary work and how it's affected your life. You are a convert to the church. You spoke about the first Family Home Evening you ever attended and it was before you even knew what FHE was. The words you were saying invited the Spirit to come sit right next to me. I could feel it so strongly it made me cry. Yep, your talk made me cry. I think what really struck me was the fact that you are so strong in this gospel, and you know The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. After hearing your life story and ultimate conversion, I discovered that I myself am beginning to know that this church is true. I'm starting to know, just like you do.
I could not be more grateful for the kindness you've brought to my life. When we first moved into our house almost ten years ago, I gravitated towards you and your lovely family because you were so welcoming and cool. You helped me feel like I belonged in this place, and you invited me into this tight-knit community.
Things are not the same. Not since things fell out and our family fell out after my little brother got diagnosed. But today you reminded me that we still have it all.
Things are okay.
Thank you,
Alessia Love
No comments:
Post a Comment