Tonight when I was at Aaron's futsal game, the CUTEST thing ever happened. We actually had to stay for two games since U.S.A is split into two teams...and Aaron just feels the need to support his other teammates in the second game. :) Basically, after the first game (in which the score was 9-1 for us--but that wasn't much to write home about since they played a somewhat easy team) my mom and I were just hanging out on the sidelines while Nathanael ran around trying to play with a bunch of other little kids, including this adorable fifth grader who just makes lots of kindergarten-first-second grader friends. After a while of watching, we walked back over to the bleachers and just kept an eye on Than from across the courts.
After running around for a while, the group of young friends decided to kick a soccer ball on one of the open courts. My mom and I noticed a darling little boy in a bright blue t-shirt. At one point, Nathanael kinda tripped and then fell onto the ground. Then it happened: the blue-clad boy gave Thanny his hand and helped him up. OH my gosh it was so the sweetest thing I've ever seen.
That's not even all.
They ran over to where we were sitting a little later, and the blue shirt boy comes near my mom and me on the bleachers. I made eye contact with him and he just looked at me for about two seconds. In a moment after that, he came over to me and just looked at me again. Then: he flung himself into me and gave me the biggest bear hug. He ran away then.
My mom laughed and said: "He must have sensed goodness in your heart."
And I said, "Well, I can sense goodness in his."
No comments:
Post a Comment