Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Patch of Life

I love reading books and writing other stuff since writing books is kind of hard. In this little patch of my life--and I mean Today, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday--I have to read for school and write a review. The Great Gatsby. When I realized this, based on what I just said, you'd think I was glad about that. MmmmMmmm. (As in I just shook my head. And NO.) I was not quite glad...since on top of that, I have to finish chemchem and integrated math 2, semester 1 online!

Also, I have to write a talk. I'm doing a talk on Sunday about Coming Unto Christ. Once again, based on what I said about liking to write, you'd think I'd be excited. Well, I'm wasn't un-excited. I'm wasn't angry or upset or frustrated or anything. I just didn't know how enjoyable this whole experience will be. Stressed? Yeah, still maybe a bit.

On the other hand...

I finally realized I need to be more positive! Always. I know reading and writing in this little patch of my life will be so beautiful and rewarding and just wonderful. I'll finish The Great Gatsby a more literate person than I was before, and I'll give that talk and look back on it knowing I felt the spirit and grew closer to God.


So I found this and I was like: Okay. That's right. So I'm going to just give that talk with a smile on my face. I'll read that book like it's the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I'll write the review with zest. Then I'll finish my classes online with grace. I can do this.

Remember that whatever it is, you can do hard things! Joy can always be in your life. Everywhere you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment