Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014


Change the song lyrics from "best DAY of my life" to "best YEAR of my life."

Hello 2014! Coming up in a little over 12 hours! 

2013 has brought me the best of times, it has brought me the worst of times. By the end of this year I will have done some incredible things for the first time:

Seen Audra McDonald in concert: live at BYU!
Seen Bernadette Peters in concert. (I'm going tonight!)
Gone to NYC for the very first time and seen four Broadway shows. 
Empire State Building! 
Driven for the FIRST TIME EVER!
Became a Sophomore.
Went to Grandma's cabin in Ashton, Idaho.
Posted a Youtube video that I actually wanted people to see. ;)
I experienced great joy and the spirit so strongly.
I experienced depression.
I talked to people that I never had spoken to before.
I started seriously practicing voice. 
I am happy with myself now because I learned that I am enough.

There is so much more to be grateful for.

I am so excited to step into this next year and do EVERYTHING I can to be satisfied with life.

My personal affirmation (I made this up) of 2014:
"My whole life will be a SUCCESSFUL, HAPPY adventure."

Bear in mind that when I say that to myself, I am taking into account that my life won't be a flatline. I will get discouraged. What makes me successful is how I handle the lows. And then I will be happy, knowing I pressed on. Besides, you can't experience joy without first understanding pain, right?!

Life is good. Oh so good.
This is one of my favorite New Year quotes. I love it because it reminds me to just live life to the fullest so my story can be beautiful. Are there things I regret about 2013? Heck yes! So I'm going to learn from my mistakes, forget that silly regret, and make 2014 the best story possible. I will become a better person. I want my story to be full of highs and lows, ups and downs, happies and sads. But I want to have had the same attitude all the way through my struggles and successes: thankful, gracious, positive, and dependent on the Lord. 

My New Year Resolution is halfway made. I'm going to finish it. And I will follow it.

2014 is a brand new year! It hasn't been lived yet, and it's all yours.

Happy New Year! You're life is going to be a successful, happy adventure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment