Sunday, October 6, 2013

Shakespeare Festival 2013

Hi y'all! I came back from the Shakespeare Festival last night! We took our PHS bus so it took about 4 hours to travel to and from St. George/Cedar City.

Arrived Thursday, Oct 3, 2013 at about 7:00pm. Returned home on Saturday (well, Sunday), Oct 6, 2013 at 1:30ish am.

We spent the bus rides from our condo in St. George to Cedar messing around, getting to know each other better. Honestly, it was a BLAST. We played this one game called "Baby if you love me, give me a smile." I actually didn't participate in the action. I just watched, since it was WAY funny.
At night we had midnight chats about the horror stories/cute moments of our lives. We stayed up too late, especially seeing as we had to be on the bus in the morning by 7:15ish. Staying in a condo in St. George was a crazy thing, but it worked out nicely. Bagels for breakfast. Yum yum.
The competition itself was super great. Our ensemble scene went first out of EVERYONE on Friday, and I had a fun time watching that! They did a great job. The judges gave them feedback, and the rest of the day, we watched more ensemble scenes, some duo/trio scenes to get prepared, and hung out just talking and eating and stuff like that. We watched one of Lehi High's duo/trio scenes with actually WON! YESSSSS! I was rooting for it. It was from Measure for Measure and it was awesome. So was their ensemble scene.
Also, way to go AF's ensemble scene! Way to go Eryn Stafford!
That night, we all saw Peter and the Starcatcher. We were sitting in the box seats on the sides, so we waved to our buddies on the other side. Then we managed to get almost the whole theater to wave at us! Everyone was waving in there. It was unreal.
The show was funny. So funny. And it just made me want to cry at the end. It was beautiful.
But. Before the show, I wasn't hungry so I bought a smoothie instead for dinner. I couldn't take it in the theater so I chugged it. It was really big. Yuck. Plus, it probably had sugar in in and I've been off sugar, so that wasn't good.
Long story short, I threw up twice in the middle of the night. In between Shakespearean dreams in which I felt sick and Shayna was the main character, I had to get up out of bed and be miserable. Next day, I couldn't even stand up. I don't know how I found the strength to perform, but I did. I guess the adrenaline took over, which was good! We did our Macbeth scene three times. Monica from our school got showcased in one of the two showcase! Yay Monica! So did Alex in the other one, alumni of PHS.
At awards ceremony, Max from our school won third in monologues in the Westminster division. Alex won third in monologues in Cambridge division, and Jeanelle--who goes to our school but was competing with a different one--won first in duo/trios in Westminster divisions. Yay! So happy!

Thank you, Alexa and Kayla. Loved working with you girls!

Chaperones: Erik, Brandon, Jessica's mom
People in my room:
Me:)
KC
Audrey
Shayna
Cami
Briana
Alexa
Kayla

People in my group-Cheesecake Factory: (We saw Romeo and Juliet on Thursday)
Me haha
Kayla
Britney
Emily
Leah
Alexis
Jessica

People in Texas Roadhouse group: (They saw Richard II same night)
Alexa
Briana
Cami
Audrey
Max
Ian
Shayna
KC

All of it was so much fun, I can't even tell you. I took lots of videos, so I'll post them at a later date. (Or a later time.) Gotta go to bed now!


P.S. a shout out to General Conference! Couldn't watch/listen yesterday or this morning since I was recovering with sleep from sickness and lack of rest. But I watched this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment