The following videos have inspired me...
To be a better performer:
Let me explain them.
1. Sierra Boggess singing "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" in Phantom 25th Anniversary--I used to not like Phantom at all. But then again, I had only seen the movie and it frustrated me that I could not find any point to the storyline while watching it. And I didn't really like any of the characters. After watching the whole production at Royal Albert Hall with Sierra and Ramin, I was truly immersed in the Phantom of the Opera. But also, I finally liked the character of Christine. Sierra Boggess was the one that brought me to really appreciate her. And it was through this performance that I became inspired to always tell the story through song. And to really focus on singing. Because let's be honest. Sierra has a stunning voice.
2. Bernadette Peters singing "Not A Day Goes By"--KC sent me this video. It really brings tears to my eyes because this PROVES that we can be honest when we sing. We can relate to musical theatre. I haven't seen a performance like this ever. Bernadette is so incredibly brilliant, it's mind boggling. And also, I feel that she drew from her emotions and feelings about her husband's recent death, and let herself be vulnerable to really convey the message of the song. A really evocative performance.
3. The Cast of Newsies performs on Dancing With The Stars--Okay, so, Newsies was the second Broadway show I ever saw. (I've seen four in total.) The talent it takes to be one of those boys is astounding. I saw the newsies dancing like MANIACS on stage while they sang, tried to breathe, and told the story of rebellious newsboys who were following the leader of the "union". After only the first number, "Carrying The Banner," I was just bawling because of the overwhelming excitement I felt. This is the best video I could find to show what those NEWSIES look like.
4. An Interview With Laura Osnes--She is amazing. I watched her on 'Grease: You're The One That I Want' when I was young, although I didn't want her to become Sandy at the time since she was a brunette. :) Since then she has moved on to bigger Broadway things, and now she is in Cinderella. She just inspires me because of her humbleness about her whole experience. I can see someone like her letting all that success get to their head. But she doesn't, and I admire that about her. You can see in the video how grateful she is that her dreams came true.
~More inspiration to follow~
No comments:
Post a Comment