A couple of days ago, I came across an idea--a nutritious and interesting idea. There is a leafy green vegetable out there called kale. It is quite sour, depending on the bunch you buy, but there are ways to cook it that make it more...edible. ;) I learned that you can turn them into crispy chips by baking them in the oven. Interesting, right?
So I tried it.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Take half a bunch of kale, rinse it, dry it with salad spinner. (If you don't have a salad spinner, just set it out to dry.)
3. Rip kale into bite-sized pieces, set all of small pieces into bowl.
4. Pour (drizzle) olive oil to taste all over the kale. With your hands, toss the kale with the olive oil to evenly coat each "chip".
5. Lightly sprinkle with any seasoning salt, toss again.
6. Place each kale piece onto a greased baking sheet. Put into oven. Bake for 13ish minutes or until light brown around the edges.
I did this experiment, and they turned out good. They, in no way, compare to corn tortilla chips (which I can't have), or Doritos (which I can't have either), but they were a nice, tasty, NUTRITIOUS snack that I enjoyed.
This is my new blog that should give you more ideas like this: http://eatandloveittoo.blogspot.com/
Anyone who reads this should try experimenting, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment