Thursay: I went with the Companies to Provo for our BYU trip. We met with the current Young Ambassadors there and for the first few minutes, we watched them rehearse for a fireside. They were singing a medley of hymns, and it was so beautiful. I felt the spirit, and I'm not going to lie, I was almost going to cry. And I would have, too, if I wasn't wearing makeup (I didn't want it to smudge), and there weren't a lot of people there. Then, we warmed up with them--which was really fun--and they performed one of their numbers for us, then we performed for them. Each company did two songs. After that we learned more about the Young Ambassadors, and then we met with a very nice man who talked to us about BYU's MDT program. Music Dance Theater. We had a tour of a couple of the theaters, then we went to Cougar Eat to have dinner. I bought a delicious meal of fettuccine Alfredo, salad, a bread stick, and root beer at Tomassito's. And I also had a Banana Berry Jamba Juice, then we came home. It was amazing.
Friday & Saturday: I had the best time ever at a Junior Company sleepover party! My mom drove me to Mindy's house, and I was greeted by all the Company girls--who are awesome! We ate pizza and a whole bunch of junk food. I brought a vegetable tray, though, so we could have a nice balance there. :) Then we went back downstairs and did this thing where we all wrote the nicest thing that's ever been said to us, the meanest thing that's ever been said to us, what we like most about ourselves, and what we like least about ourselves on four different pieces of paper. We put them in four different cups--one for each thing--and Mindy read them aloud. They were kept anonymous, of course, and the whole thing served as sort of a bonding experience. We talked about each thing, told experiences about those things in our life, and exchanged advice for different situations. It was a great discussion. We all are so close, and it's so fun to be around them, whether it's practicing for our numbers, having devotionals with our wonderful teachers, or doing anything else. After that, Jennifer told us all a love story she made up on the spot--I have ten minutes of it recorded on my ipod--and we all loved it! It was so funny, and everyone was getting so into it. After that, Mindy went to bed because it was probably midnight by that time, Jennifer went home, a couple of the girls went home too, and we decided to just goof around and do stuff. We were going to watch an old musical movie like Newsies or West Side Story or something like that, but we just decided against it so we could talk or play a game called Quelf. I didn't play the game, I was just talking to Camille and Cassandra and Katherine, and then after a long while of nail polish, Jedi braiding, and a few stories, we finally went to bed. I cannot believe that I got to sleep on a couch! Most of the girls were on the ground. It was so hot in that little movie theater room we were sleeping in, and everyone was dying in there! In the morning, we told scary stories and Jenikah told the story of when she went to see the new movie Gone, and she told us everything that happened in the movie! It was very terrifying. Then we went to eat breakfast of a delicious casserole Jeana made, yummy blueberry muffins Mindy made, bananas, and chocolate milk and or orange juice. (I have to give lots of details, sorry). My mom picked me up at about 10:20 that morning, and I had just a grand time.
No comments:
Post a Comment