Okay, I just want to do it. SO, today I had a Company performance at the UVU Uccu Center. It wasn't mandatory, but it was a PERFORMING opportunity, so I gladly accepted. :) I got a ride with a friend from Company, and we met up with the eight girls on Junior Company who were able to perform today. While we were backstage, or, backcourt more like it, the highschool basketball player boys were running onto the court for their tournament game, and a another of my friends said something like this to the guys: "Good luck, guys! Break a leg!" Then she turned back to us laughing at herself because "break a leg" is a theater term, not one athletes would use. They must have been thinking what the heck?! She wants me to break my leg? That's so not funny! Haha, just kidding. But, it was kind of funny. On the bleachers, their weren't many people, but that's okay. We still did a fine job performing one of our numbers--"It's Raining Men"--and it was good practice, anyway. All in all it was a great experience.
Right now I am reflecting on my day. Like about how in a drama class today, we got with a group and made skits about Thanksgiving, (which, by the way, I am super excited about!). Both two groups that went today made funny skits. Our group wasn't able to go though, because we ran out of time.
Okay, and, last thing: yesterday, we went on a field trip to the planetarium. While we were there, my friend told me that this kid named Grant thinks the Earth is a myth and that it doesn't exist. How on Earth--see, I just referred to our planet that exists :)--does that work out? What's he going to say to the astronauts?! Well, today, I was freaking out about it, (not really, I was really just exaggerating), and when I left the portables at the end of school, I noticed a bunch of eighth graders arguing with him about the whole situation. So, I walked over there. Kesi said: "HE REALLY THINKS THE EARTH IS A MYTH!!!" And I gave an are-you-serious? look. Later I found out that they were all just joking for my sake, because I was the one who was supposedly most mad about it. :) They thought it was the funniest thing ever, but I was thinking that it was the stupidest thing I ever heard!!! But it really was funny. Props to all those who were in on it--which was almost the whole eighth grade who knew about it--because I really believed them. Silly me.
Company is just awesome.
ReplyDelete