Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Fantastic Night







Last night, after days of preparation, we were able to perform "Once Upon A Mattress" at our school! I am so excited about it because it was our best performance, I think. I mean, we had already performed for the school, and we had performed on Thursday, but last night's performance was just...fun. We had a great time playing our silly parts which included: snorting, yelling, whining, crying, being cheesy, and doing many other unattractive and hilarious things. But what was really scary, was our lead (Shayna, the girl who plays Winnifred) didn't show up. The thing was, she was really sick earlier with a bad cold and she was loosing her voice. We waited and waited for her to come, but she just didn't come! We were kind of worried, but finally, she came! She was really not feeling good though, so she looked a little pale, but she was ready. After everyone was in costume, we warmed up our voices, and then we got into a circle facing each other, linking pinkies, right arm over left. We had a cast prayer, which I said. Then we said the line: "Happily Ever After" from the show, and we unwound and went to go to our places. That is a little tradition of ours: if we want to have a prayer, we may pray, and then we choose a line from the particular show we are doing to say after the prayer. 
When we got behind the curtain, I was excited--I couldn't wait for the curtain to open, because when I perform, I am so happy. My stomach flutters with excitement, and I feel like I am on top of the world. I really love an audience! I tried to put on my best Larken face for each scene(which was either dumb blond, mean, angry, mortified, hysterical, or cheesy, and it changes every scene because Larken is so dramatic) and I think everything turned out great! We have one more performance tonight, so wish me luck! Personally, I hope I fall down the stairs and break BOTH of my legs!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. i bet you did AMAZING! your voice is stunning! i wish i was there to see it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That is so nice! You are really great, too!

    ReplyDelete